Top Facts About Social Media Users In India And How To Prepare An Effective Social Media Strategy
It will not be wrong to say that businesses today are driven by internet. More and more business owners are realizing that their marketing plans are incomplete without a digital marketing or social media strategy. According to a new Forrester survey of 89 B2C marketing leaders, “Marketers plan to increase overall budgets by 4% this year, with nearly half prioritizing an increase in digital budgets.”
Call it online marketing or internet marketing or digital marketing, these are different names of the same marketing concept that involves promotion of your products, services or business through internet mediums. Social media marketing or social media optimization is the most dominant aspect of online marketing. A social media strategy utilizes the top social networking sites like Facebook or Twitter as marketing tools. Marketers share content on these top social networking sites which is further shared by the users with their social network. Thus helping the company to gain brand exposure and widen customer base.
Top Facts About Social Media Users in India
Before working out a social media strategy for business it is advisable to have a thorough knowledge of your target audience, their online behavior and their preferences. Below are the key findings of the latest report on social media in India jointly released by IAMAI and IMRB International.
- There are 143 million social media users in India as on April 2015.
- Usage of social media in rural India has grown by 100% during the last one year (25 million users).
- In urban India the total number of users is 118 million as on April 2015.
- The four major metro cities continued to account for almost half of the social media users in urban India.
- The largest segment accessing social media consists of the college going students with 34% followed by young men at 27%.
- School-going children constitute 12% of the social media users. College-going students and young men still form the 60% of the social media users in urban India.
- 61% of the social media users access social media on their mobile devices.
- Maintaining a profile on top social networking sites is one of the top activities of users followed by updating the status.
- Commenting on a blog site is the third most popular activity among users in social networking sites.
The report further states, “The fact that almost two-thirds of the users are already accessing social media through their mobile is a promising sign. With the expected increase in mobile traffic the number of users accessing social media on mobile is only bound to increase.”
How To Prepare An Effective Social Media Strategy
When a great deal of your business is now influenced by your social media success, having an effective social media strategy is vital. A smart social media marketing strategy can be worked out when following steps are well taken care of –
- Choose the social media networks that matters to your business and your audience. There is no need to be present on all of them.
- Prepare your complete profile on the social media sites. A complete, well-written profile exhibits professionalism.
- Give your social media identity a personality of its own. Set a suitable tone and post content accordingly.
- Work out your content strategy – What will be the frequency of posts, timing. etc.
- Analyze your readers/ audience response and make fixes.
- Automate your social media strategy and stay focused on high customer engagement.
It is clear that in times of rapidly increasing social media users, social media marketing has turned into a necessity for both big as well as small businesses. However companies need to stop jumping in head-first and understand that thorough research, data and expert knowledge of what works on social media are more than important for a successful social media strategy.
According to Hubspot, 92% of marketers in 2014 claimed that social media marketing was important for their business, with 80% indicating their efforts increased traffic to their websites. And according to Social Media Examiner, 97% of marketers are currently participating in social media—but 85% of participants aren’t sure what social media tools are the best to use.
Startups and small businesses, especially, cannot afford to go wrong with their social media strategy. The goof-ups done can set negative impression in audience’s minds and might make them never consider your brand again! With high competition and everyone trying to get attention to their brands, the consequence of an unsuccessful social media strategy can be worse than you think.
However, one can always hire the expertise of social media marketing companies and engage in a social media strategy that is rewarding. With several social media marketing companies offering cost-effective solutions to your business needs, it has become much easier to benefit from the power of social media.
Digital Fives, a trusted name in the market, is an excellent choice for those who want to leverage social media marketing / online marketing for generating sales leads and revenues. Digital Fives offers wide array of activities for social media. They can help you get tons of followers on your page. They conduct continuous interesting activities which ultimately results in good sale of client’s products and services.
What clients say about Digital Fives…
“Digital Fives took efforts to explain ways of improving our customer base. Since initial discussion we were impressed with the changes that were brought with systematic application of marketing strategies. I always count on Digital Fives for my online marketing requirement.” – Julia Valdez
“We have engaged Digital Fives Marketing Agency to manage our online marketing campaign. They have helped us in expanding our business through Search Engine Marketing and Optimisation. I would like to recommend that Digital Fives Marketing Agency is a trustworthy business partner.” – Puneet Doshi
“Digital Fives plays an important role in our digital marketing strategies. We rely upon their expertise to chart out our strategies to meet our business goals. They will take every possible step to attain your goal. We will associate with them for long time.” – Henry Burke
Nebula is another credible name in the field of social media marketing. Nebula is a full service digital marketing and mobile application development company. Its primary aim is to deliver dynamic and integrated digital marketing and mobility solutions to big and small companies to help them connect with their prospective customers in more meaningful ways.
Connect with Service Provider
Get connected within 24 hours to pre-screened, trustworthy and small business friendly service providers for Services in top Indian cities