Top 5 Reasons To Choose Cloud Based HRMS
Since we are living in a rapidly changing environment where employees and new technologies have a primary role in businesses, Human Resource Management is imperative. If you want to run your business as it should, you must apply all principles of the HRM, especially if your business is new and small. This will give you a chance to survive in today’s harsh business environment.
The significance of the Human Resource Management
Human resource management is now inevitable in business management. Everything related to employees is included in the management of human resources. If you want to be successful in your business, then you must apply HRM. Large companies have long adopted this practice. If you want to keep up with them, you’ll need to do the same. This is especially important in today’s fast changing environment that is based on human resources and new technologies.
Right from the initial hiring stages, you will need a help of the human resource management. You should know how to describe a working place, what skills and personal characteristics of the employees you want, how much you will pay an employee for his work, how you will calculate his contribution to your company and which reward to give to encourage. All these features in HRMS. Do you now see how important this segment is?
The fact that your employees are the heart of your business tells you enough about the importance of HRM. Most of you already know that.
Human Resource Management Software
When you have decided to apply HRM, the next step is to find appropriate software. In the market, you may find various types from diverse manufacturers, and you will probably be in a situation in which you don’t know which one to choose. It’s best to consult with someone who has experience or knowledge of it. It’s great if you have somebody like that in your neighbor, if not, then ask a seller, search the internet, read, find information on what is important for the good software, etc. Most commonly pointed out characteristics that software should have are -that it’s simple to use, has everything you need to manage employees and is cheap.
There are usually three types of the HRMS for small business. Core HRMS has mainly the administrative managing functions, such as time and attendance tracking, payroll, benefits administration and workforce planning. Second is Strategic HRMS if you want to perform advanced HRM activities like talent management. The most advanced are the Integrated HRMS which provides all areas of HRM including recruitment, administration, talent management and e-learning. Choose the one that suits your needs. For example, if you need software for HRM for small business and you are still at the beginning, it is better to start with core HRMS and then as you advance in business and HRM, you may try out other software, step by step.
Cloud-based HRMS or offline HRMS
Online or offline HRMS? You can choose any. It depends on your needs and desire to feel comfortable while doing business. Adapt it to your needs. If you want to have access to data at any point, then a better solution is cloud-based HRMS. If that is not of major significance to you, choose the second option to administer your employees offline from your computer at the office. Both of them have advantages and disadvantages. The primary factor while choosing is your needs. So, let’s see what you will get with each of them.
Offline HRM software gives you all that you need to manage your employees. Like any software, it has everything needed for doing business. You will have the data of the employees, schedules, calculations and all that is necessary for human resource management. You can comfortably manage all your HRM’s activities offline at your office. Yes, that’s the catch. You will be able only to work from the office. This can be good if you want to leave your business at the office instead of bringing it at home. You will have time for you and your family in this way. No one will bother you until the next morning. Yes, that’s great. But, what if you need something in an emergency? You can do nothing from home. You must wait until tomorrow or go right away at your office to do it. It’s not so convenient, right?
If you want to avoid these kind of situations, then you should choose cloud HRMS. You will get the same features like the offline HRM, but you can access it whenever you want. Excellent, isn’t it?
Top 5 factors to choose a Cloud HRM
- First and the most important reason for choosing Cloud-based HRMS Software is already stated. It is its mobility. You can carry it with you anywhere and anytime. When you need it, just enter into it and finish what you wanted. Web-based HRMS are optimised for mobile devices. You may review HR data from any Internet-connected device. This is useful if you’re a manufacturing industry employee with no access to a computer all the time or if you are constantly on the road. Or if you have to do something urgent and you don’t have access to your computer and office.
- The second reason is time and money savings. Choosing a Cloud HRMS will reduce the cost of servicing and equipment, improve productivity and you also might save money for paying professionals to perform a number of HRM activities, such as recruitment, employee assessment and training. All that you have on cloud HRMS.
- The security of data is also the reason to choose online HRMS for small business. If you place your HR data on your computer, they won’t be completely safe. What will happen if someone broke the code and opened it? Your all data will be exposed, and that is bad.
- Customizability is also an advantage of the cloud HRMS. You may customize interfaces, select different features and choose the way that is responsive to your needs.
- The benefit of seamless integration is the fifth reason to choose this solution. If you connect and integrate individual components in one whole system, you will be able to work faster, easier, and better. Furthermore, cloud HRMS gives you better reporting capabilities and regulatory compliance.
Whatever human resource management software you choose, it will work and finish your job. Still, think in the long term. Which one will be better and cheaper? Which one will give you more opportunities? Which one is more suitable for your small business? The web-based or cloud HRMS application would probably be a wiser and better choice which will lower company costs, bring higher flexibility and better user experience. Still, the final decision is on you.
image source: erpfm
Connect with Service Provider
Get connected within 24 hours to pre-screened, trustworthy and small business friendly service providers for Services in top Indian cities