3 Facts Entrepreneurs Should Know about Digital Marketing and PR
Most of the upcoming businesses are led by people who may be good at developing or sales but generally have no clue about the relation between Digital marketing and PR. As a result, almost all of them struggle to market their businesses using digital mediums. Statista confirms that PR industry is growing at a fast pace with 14 billion $ revenue in 2016 a figure expected to grow to nearly 20 billion $ in the next 4 years.
If as a small business owner, you feel that you are unable to meet growth targets due to lack of PR, here are three facts that you should know about PR and Digital marketing.
1. Web Search and PR
It is easy these days for even a small business to create a website for them. However, the issue arises when the website does not figure in the search rankings. If that happens there is no way your firm will get the regular PR that it should receive.
Here are some PR techniques which can be used and hence the web ranking improved:
- Add testimonials from existing customers on your website and press release submission sites. You can get in touch with other businesses you are dealing with on a regular basis. Ask them to provide a testimonial of your services and in return get a backlink to their website. Customers make a decision process quickly when they see someone already testifying in favor.
- If you are donating to any charity just ask them to write a small mention of your contribution to your website. This way people will get to notice your efforts and obviously develop a positive impression of you.
- In case donation is not what you think as effective PR, then maybe you could organize charity work at any local NGO. You could organize a team building exercise for your staff and earn some brownie points when you are mentioned online. Hiring PR distribution services would give you an idea of how you can do this better.
- You can ask your customers to send pictures of them using your products. These you can upload on your Flickr and Instagram accounts. Also, use Google’s reverse image search to know where else your images are put up and even ask them to mention you as the source. Contact press release writers to do the needful for you. This would get you the benefit of an online press release along with some quick backlinks too.
2. Update Your Social Media Techniques
For a new business, the first thought that comes to mind is to jump on Social media and flash your wares everywhere. Then the expectation that each post should become viral and grab eyeballs for you. Social media can either help your news press release become popular or totally hinder your online reputation program depending on how you handle it.
A press release provider company uses the following ways to make your press release outlets and social media work together:
- Influencers– Acting as a voice to the brand’s Influencers act as another line of promotion for your brand. Most of these influencers have massive followings where you can promote your offerings and in return get the publicity you want.
- Brand Threats– Use social media to discover if any brand threat is about to affect you. A brief discussion with your followers would let you know if there is something that can cause damage to your brand. Use press release outsources service to rectify it before it turns into a high magnitude blunder.
- Affect journalist’s viewpoints– You may not always get the benefit of the doubt from journalists. But if something is affecting your brand reputation and is raised by a journalist in Social media you can present your viewpoint too. Doing that you present to people an image that you are concerned too and even the journalist outlook about you may change. A press release services provider knows how to cash in on this fact appropriately.
3. PR Release Should Be Savvy and in Context
Often people using PR think it has only to do with some press release marketing. One story run in the newspaper may not affect your press release pricing and also not get the attention you crave for. If you want to write PR submission pitches which do not end in the recycle bin here are some quick tips to follow.
A press release submission service follows the below tips to create an efficient pitch for you:
- Online press release services do a little bit of research before pitching your service forward. Use services of best press release service to find out what your target has been up to in the recent times. Here you can use social media to your advantage and become friendly with the person before sending him a media press release.
- Avoid using the copy and paste approach in your PR news release. Most readers realize immediately that the press release content is not exclusive to them only. Once that happens it will take a few minutes to trash your email completely.
- Don’t mention big paragraphs about why your press release is different from the rest. Just give the publication solid reasons why readers would be interested in this press release format. If you want an immediate response then make sure your press release service answers all their questions immediately.
- Press release companies while writing a press release make sure to not make it too long. Extra-long write-up means the press release cost would be more and it would give an impression that you do not value your reader’s time a fact that you would not want them to believe.
The PR process is complicated and it is very important that you understand how a press release marketing company works. Press release distribution services would give you a fair idea about how you should target the readers and get desired responses.
However, be careful when selecting a press release agency for yourself. Online press release distribution involves using more of context to prove why the content needs to be published. Using press release distribution companies you can clearly achieve that target without worrying about any other factors.
Connect with Service Provider
Get connected within 24 hours to pre-screened, trustworthy and small business friendly service providers for Services in top Indian cities