How to Integrate Your Online-Offline Marketing Campaigns
While setting up their marketing budgets, most marketing managers make the mistake of not synchronizing their online-offline marketing campaigns. We cannot undermine the emergence of Digital marketing, especially in the last decade.
However, for better and effective results, it is important that you consider your digital and offline marketing campaigns as one and not two separate entities. It is said that if you expose the consumer to your message at least 7 times during the campaign then the chances of him converting rise. However, that is possible only when you use multiple mediums to target him.
Here are tips which would guide you to integrate your online-offline marketing campaigns.
1. Cross-device marketing integration with online-offline marketing campaigns
While earlier people were stuck in retail stores to make purchases these days they have multiple channels where they can search for the same product. Cross-device marketing is when the customer looks for the product on a mobile and then completes his purchase through a desktop. Here are ways in which you can use cross-device marketing to your advantage.
- Focus on building a strong relationship between the customer and the brand. Cross-channel campaigns combining email, SMS, voice and social media can help you in personalizing your association with them. The cost of digital marketing campaign reduces drastically when you divide your budget into different overheads.
- Use the consumer data received through such interactions to understand the effectiveness of your online-offline marketing campaigns. All this information can be used to create profiles of your ideal customers and create content which is focussed specifically on their needs.
- Impact of mobile should never be underestimated. As per a white paper submitted by comScore on average users spend nearly 69% of their media time on smartphones. Whether your customer is getting engaged with you through your app, website or social media channels most likely he is doing that through his mobile.
2. Sharing QR codes
You can use Quick response codes to bridge any gaps between your online-offline marketing campaigns. Top marketing companies use their social media pages to flash such codes and provide discounts which can be redeemable at any of your physical stores. Here are some more ideas to integrate online-offline marketing using QR codes.
- Put your QR codes at places like business cards, brochures and pamphlets, product packs, sale receipts and restaurant menus. Gives the customers a chance to come to get engaged with your brand and that too when you have almost lost him. Avoid placing these codes at locations that are constantly on the move as that would hamper the purpose why you have put it there.
- Synchronise your email marketing and online and offline marketing strategies by adding a QR code in the mailer you are sending. Instead of asking the customer to move ahead, make it intriguing by asking them to scan a code and see what happens next.
3. Social media information on office literature
Since long companies have been printing office literature which in turn reaches out to a wide base of people. While most businesses mention their email and website on their business cards, how about printing your social media details as well? As a smart marketing person, you can use other digital marketing techniques also to publicise your contact details.
As part of your digital marketing campaigns strategies menus, business vehicles, and even flyers can be used to publish your social media information. However, to make this online-offline marketing campaigns integration successful, it is important that you find out which social media pages of yours are getting better results. Contact an integrated marketing agency to know the scope of each one of your channel.
4. Polls on social media
One of the biggest advantages of implementing a digital marketing strategy effectively, is to be able to use the data and reports for your benefit. With the ability to track all the information marketers can use it to optimize their digital marketing tactics. Here are some quick tips you can use to integrate offline marketing strategies in digital mediums.
- Actively solicit your customers to provide you with valuable information about their needs. Organize polls on Facebook or any other social media channels. This would not only get your customers close to you but also provide you a window into their lifestyle.
- As part of your digital and offline marketing campaigns you can create an online campaign on Social media whose purpose is to generate online sales. Entice your customers to visit your website and know more about what you have to offer.
- Use A/B split testing to know the effectiveness of each of your print ads, landing pages and marketing messages to know which one serves your purpose better. For better optimization of your integrated digital marketing campaign understanding split testing is imperative.
- The data that you can garner from these integrate digital marketing campaigns can be used to create much better print ads and even explore mediums which have a better reach with your target audience.
- Do not over analyze your offline marketing integration techniques. At times we assume a lot of facts about our target audience which eventually turn out to be untrue. Use the information provided by your integrating digital marketing campaigns to understand your customer profile better.
Always remember that offline customer behavior works a little differently as opposed to online. Since in online integrated marketing, the customer prefers ads with less text keep this factor in mind when drafting a strategy. It is said that using your judgment and gut instinct goes a long way in finding out how to integrate your online offline marketing campaigns.
Consider both online offline marketing strategies as parts of your overall marketing strategy. Instead of trying and drafting two separate online and offline marketing messages for each one of them to find one which resonates well in both the mediums. Hire the services of a full service advertising agency which can provide you the guidance to do so.
Connect with Service Provider
Get connected within 24 hours to pre-screened, trustworthy and small business friendly service providers for Services in top Indian cities