US-India Startup Forum – Mumbai
Date: 22 February, 2017
Organiser: The American BazaarEnquire Now
About the eventThe third and final US-India Startup Forum will be held in Mumbai on February 22, 2017. More than a dozen investors from the United States, among them Angels, VCs and funds will attend the the event at India’s financial capital. US investments in Indian startups have been steadily increasing over the years. Last year, the Startup India initiative was launched by the Government of India to create an ecosystem that drive the growth of startups, foster entrepreneurship and promote innovation. The mission of the American Bazaar’s three-city US-India Startup Forums is to contribute to this effort by connecting US investors with Indian startups. The American investors attending the Forums will get a first-hand experience of India’s startup ecosystem, while Indian startup founders and early-stage entrepreneurs will find a platform to listen to, interact and network with the US investors. Mumbai, along with Bangalore and Delhi, the two other cities where Forums were held, are the three epicenters of startup revolution in India. According to one study, the three cities accounted for 249 deals out of the 307 deals announced in the first quarter of this year. The Startup Forums kicked off in Delhi on September 1, 2016, immediately after the conclusion of the US-India Strategic Dialogue. The second one was held in Bangalore on September 3. One of the main highlights of the Mumbai Forum will be a startup competition. The winner will be chosen by a panel of judges. Most of the judges will be investors from the United States who are attending the Forums.
Who should attend?
Anyone interested in the startup space, either professionally by virtue of owning or running one or academically, is encouraged to attend the Forums.
However, the Forums will be especially useful for the following four groups:
- Startup Founders
- Early stage entrepreneurs
- Potential entrepreneurs
- MBA students
- The event's primary aim is to connect US investors with Indian startups.
- The Startup Forums will provide an excellent platform for the above-mentioned groups to listen to, and interact and network with US investors and find out about their investment philosophies and strategies.
- More than a dozen investors from the United States, among them Angels, VCs and funds will attend the the event at India’s financial capital.
- The investors attending the Forums will get a first-hand experience of India’s startup ecosystem, while Indian startup founders and early-stage entrepreneurs will find a platform to listen to, interact and network with the US investors.