News Corp VCCircle Startup Summit - Mumbai Edition
Date: 15 February, 2017
Organiser: VCCircleEnquire Now
About the eventThe startup ecosystem has undergone much change in the past few months. It has swiftly moved from heavy inflow of investments to rationalized funding, “me-too” entrepreneurs to setting up unique prepositions, price wars to profit margins and starting-up to scaling up. Add to these the impact of macro level changes in the Indian economy and policies such as demonetization of currency and proposal of GST – one can say that yet another era for startups in India is just about beginning! For sure, the coming months will see more variations as the market matures further, such as introduction of new start-up business models, varying investor sentiments, altered tax regimes, changing consumer preferences and technological advancements. The entrepreneurs who will emerge as winners will the ones who have foreseen and leveraged on the opportunities these changes will present. Against this backdrop, News Corp VCCircle brings the visionaries of startup ecosystem together with leading investors and deal-makers to discuss upcoming trends and future outlook so that the community is ready for what’s-in-store. Themed aptly around “Shake up for startups - investments, business trends and demonetization”, this summit will discuss various topics like rationalization of funding, impact of demonetization, M&A etc. The Mumbai edition is built on the massive success of Bangalore, Kochi and New Delhi editions which saw participation of more than 500 entrepreneurs, 50 investors and leaders from startup community.
Who should attend?
- CEOs & Co-founders
- Managing Directors
- Startups in ideation or early stage phase
- Investors and VCs
- A guided tour of India’s top venture capital funds, leading startups and corporates in Mumbai for an interactive session with the top management.
- Participants will get to meet the team, see how the best companies function, interact and learn more about India’s best entrepreneurship stories and much more.
- Right from ideation, floating the idea, securing investment, creation of robust teams, consumer engagement practices to scaling up; many things can go in favor of business as against.
- This set of entrepreneurs will share their stories on what worked for them and what were some of the learnings.
- Crowdfunding as a platform to get funding
- Stitch your pitch- get insights from VCs on what an investor look for and how to prepare
- Learn how to take your startup from initial stage to a successful business