India Limited Partners Summit 2017
Date: 01 March, 2017
Organiser: VCCircleEnquire Now
About the eventWith a population of over 1.3 billion and almost two-third of it below 35 years, India is a young market with an unmatched potential for growth and consumption. Add to this the government’s commitment to keeping doors open for foreign investors and consistently working towards making India an attractive place for doing business This when juxtaposed with the uncertainty in the world order post Donald Trump's conservative agenda in the US and Britain's decision to exit Europe, and the slowing down of Chinese economy in Asia, makes India look like one of the most attractive destinations globally to make future bets. What is, however, the sentiment about India on the ground? Are global investors really kicked about the India opportunity? Are they convinced about the strength of the Indian economy and do they believe in its growth and consumption potential? These and many other pressing issues will be discussed at the India Limited Partners Summit 2017. Presented by News Corp VCCircle, the summit will see India’s leading private equity funds (general partners or GPs), top global and Indian limited partners (LPs), and other major players in the private equity ecosystem gather under one roof to brainstorm the weightiest issues facing the fund managers and their investors in the region. Over the past seven years, the summit has been attended by more than 300 speakers and 2,100 participants Key topics for discussion: • India as the silver lining in Asia – What do LPs expect in terms of policy reforms? • Mapping India’s macro and micro business environment • What can GPs do to position the India story better? • Selling the alternate investments story to domestic investors • LPs view on “Debutant fund managers • Co-investment strategies and platform deals - How different is the Indian market vs Asia • Indian VCs and deployment dilemma • Are Private Equity players disguising as the new mid- to late-stage VCs? • Exits and the dollar conundrum - Best practices for hedging the IRR risk • Buyouts and control deals - Indian promoters’ ideology and key trends
Who should attend?
- Founders and Founding Partners
- Managing Directors
- Investment Advisors
- Investment bankers, Angel Investors
- Consumer Partners
- Policy makers
- The event will decipher what the budget means for those eyeing India as an investment destination as well as where it places the economy in comparison with other Asian countries such as China, Japan and Southeast Asian countries.
- The summit is designed to offer an end-to-end perspective on some of the key trends and projections of this sector.
- The summit will see India’s leading private equity funds (general partners or GPs), top global and Indian limited partners (LPs), and other major players in the private equity ecosystem gather under one roof to brainstorm the weightiest issues facing the fund managers and their investors in the region.
- How does the global investing community look at India in the backdrop of these global and local issues
- These and many more trends, issues and challenges will be discussed during the summit.
- Co-investment strategies and platform deals
- The government’s push towards a digital economy and its efforts to address
- Lots of networking opportunities