Compelling Email marketing Statistics That Prove Email Marketing Isn't Dead
The experts who are in marketing world know that email marketing is still a convincing tool to reach your potential customers. However just like other marketing tactics, email marketing has updated itself with the time but for sure it is not dead. According to Gigaom Research, marketers constantly ranked email as the most effective tactic for awareness, conversion, acquisition, and retention. It is a powerful medium for conveying massages directly to the target customers and getting business leads directly in your inbox. Here we have made a list of key email marketing statistics that every small business ought to know.
According to MediaPost, currently there are total 2.6 billion email users worldwide and it is expected that the number will grow to over 2.9 billion by 2019.
- Epsilon tweeted 54% of emails sent by businesses are marketing messages
- ExactTarget tweeted 91% of consumers check their email daily
- Merkle tweeted 74% of consumers have a preference to receive commercial communications via email
- Marketing Sherpa shared that 60% of marketers believe email marketing produces positive ROI
- Alchemy Worx tweeted 76% of email opens occur in the first two days after an email is sent
- Litmus tweeted 48% of emails are opened on mobile devices and 69% of mobile users delete emails that aren’t optimized for mobile.
- McKinsey & Company reports that Email conversion rates are three times higher than social media, with a 17% higher value in the conversion.
- 70% of people agree on that they always love to open emails from their favorite companies.
- Television ads preferred by 34%
- Print media including magazines and newspapers is preferred by 31%
- Mobile apps are preferred by 11% of people prefer mobile apps
- Online video ads are preferred by just 7%
Why small businesses still love email marketing?
Well, the above mentioned stats prove that email marketing is still a compelling media to appeal customers either in B2B or B2C domains and a preferred mode of communication opted by most of the businesses. Small business owners believe that spending an extra hour in their day to do email marketing is value $273/hour. Here you can go to get the answer of question how email marketing is effective?
- Emails are Big NumbersStats prove that an average person gets about 121 mails in a day and this number is big for a normal person but more important for a business owner. Perhaps, there should be good reason why a high number of emails are rotating across the world. Everyone don’t hate mails. Might be they don’t want to read because of lack of time or some other reason.
- Emails are easy to open on mobile and tablets These days there are no business owners without mobile devices and everyone try to make most of these devices. EmailExpert stated that about 64% of business owners or decision makers prefer to read mails on their mobile devices like phones and tablets. What’s more interesting is how much time they spend on reading mails mobile vs desktops.
- Emails help to stay informed Salesforce disclosed that 95% of those who choose email messages from brands find them very or somewhat useful. Most of the customers want to know about coupons and offers that increase sales. They also like to be a part of sequence emails to keep them engaged and updated about their favorite brands. In same way, business owners also get a lot of good information to create a win-win business.
- Emails can be integrated with different marketing channels
Email marketing can be integrated with all other marketing channels including social media campaigns. According to a report from Aberdeen Research, 65% of the top 20% of B2B marketers in social media lead generation integrate email with social media, compared to the industry average of 51%. Here are key types of information to integrate with email marketing.
- Add your latest post in your email templates
- Add some interesting social media messages in it
- Add special offers and alert etc
- Event or webinar information etc can also be added.
Email marketing is cost effective
Unlike other advertisement campaigns, email marketing is cost effective. Hubspot states that it costs 33 % less than other major business lead-generating tactics. Even though if a mail campaign fails, the businesses will not undergo huge money loss.
Email marketing nurture leads effortlessly
E mail marketing helps to increase sales more than 20 percent. In fact, it is an easiest way to keep relationships maintained with customers for long time.
Email marketing is more effective than social media
Mails can convert three times more business leads in comparison to social media. It works 40 times better in getting customers and offers 17 percent higher conversions. It’s not only give better conversions but potential customers also motivate customers to spend more.
People like Emails Actually
Most of the people when visit any website prefer to register to get newsletters from famous brands. Market studies proved that more than 90 % people choose to check the newsletter and other mails that they have subscribed especially on their phones.
Smart Email Marketing Tips
If you are convinced on efficiency of email marketing, essentially, you want to know the smart formula for a strategic marketing.
- First of all run email marketing campaigns that raise awareness about your products and services
- Afterward, arouse a desire to attain it and then tell them from you can get it
- Now, engage targeted people to transform them into potential customers
- Use email marketing to retain your customers with regular updates and notifications.
- By adding social sharing buttons email click-through rates can be increased easily.
If you want to know more about email marketing, fill up your information in the below shared form, to get smart Email marketing advice from SME Joinup.
Connect with Service Provider
Get connected within 24 hours to pre-screened, trustworthy and small business friendly service providers for Services in top Indian cities