5 Legal tips to defeat the challenges of naming your business
Now that you have done all your brainstorming and ideation, you want to settle down to one name for your new business. Though it sounds simple, giving a name to your business is one of the most laborious tasks. When it comes to small businesses that are ready to set a foot in the market, the name creates a lot of market presence.
The right name can make you the talk of the town while a bad name can put you through criticism and even failures. In order to devise an ideal name one must not ignore the legal criteria and synchronize such aspects in your naming strategy.
Here are the 5 legal tips to keep in mind while naming your business:
- Selecting an effective name: Start by analysing what your name should communicate to the user. The more your name says what you do, the less energy you put in explaining it.
- Do your free trademark search: Look around, you can do the research at the personal level. With government sites like MCA.gov.in and Ipindiaonline.gov.in you can now conduct a public search for your name. This can give a good idea of the name availability.
- Check the availability of domain name: After you have completed your public search, check for the domain name availability. Even though you might not want to create a website now you do want to reserve your domain name for future. This is of great importance in today’s era when every business demands an online presence to increase your reach.
- Register your name: In this competitive environment where lot of legal battles are fought over a name, it is important to get your name registered with the Trademark Registry. Registration gives you protection and exclusive legal right to use the name. Moreover a registered trademark also builds goodwill and sense of trust in the market.
- Consider expert help: Although the search is free and you can file an application on your own, it can only give you a small picture. The entire process is very cumbersome and takes about 16 to 18 months approx. Therefore an expert helps you in making right choices and saving time that you can put into your business. Being a small or a start-up business this might sound like spending top dollars but it will save you from trouble in the long run.
The expert service just sounds very fancy and expensive, now there are many players in the market offering such services at a cost effective prices. Online market has evolved to a great extent in this field. With Getlegalservices you can now choose from range of vendors in this area according to your budget. Those fascinated by fixed services can also find the packages for the same. To know more on packages & vendors visit www.getlegalservices.in
Connect with Service Provider
Get connected within 24 hours to pre-screened, trustworthy and small business friendly service providers for Services in top Indian cities