Introduction of the service
How do I build an online store? Where shall I get started…no technical knowledge, how will I figure out which will be the right service provider for my business????
We wanted to build an online store to kick start a side business with the dream of growing it into a full-time income.
“Don’t let all the tiny details paralyze you from building your business. You will never have all the answers.
But we can tell you one thing based on our experiences, is that whatever your answers are to these questions, more often than not for most businesses, they will continue to change and evolve as your business grows.
“I MUST get all the details PERFECT before starting….”“Everybody tells me to plan EVERYTHING out before press the start button.”
Nowadays, you can build your own ecommerce online store for a set, transparent, monthly fee. If you want to stop using the service, you can walk away at any time.
Features of Ecommerce Store Setup
- Full integration along with calculated shipping costs in real time
- Compatible with various different payment gateways including PayPal to process payments
- Fully customizable design templates
- Use of your own domain name
- Email accounts on your own domain
- 24/7 Web hosting on high performance secure servers
- Product feeds to shopping portals and pricing sites
The best way to go about setting up your web site to become an online store is to make a checklist of what you will need.
You will need the following:
- A Shopping cart
- SSL certificate
- A Dedicated IP
- Payment gateway
- Merchant account
Every ecommerce solution that you review will have similarities and differences. If you are paying your provider in a foreign currency such as US$ then factor in the exchange rate and the fees for a foreign currency that will be charged for each monthly payment by your credit card provider.
What you should look for:
- Location of hosting and support
- Inclusion of additional transaction fees
- Limits for annual revenue or sales
- Availability to use a private SSL certificate
- Limitations in storage or data transfer
- Total cost of ownership
When you're starting out; that's mainly because the 3rd party processor is so widely known as a secure system for accepting online payments.
- While there aren't any sign-up or fixed monthly charges for PayPal's basic service. PayPal's seller fees "can really add up quick." PayPal sellers pay a 2.9 percent transaction fee on the total sale amount, plus a 30 percent fee per transaction.
- Still, many shoppers prefer to pay for online purchases with their own credit cards rather than use PayPal or other third-party payment processors.
- You can obtain a merchant account with each individual credit card company.
- Many charge fees per transaction ranging from 20 to 50 percents, plus a percentage of the total purchase amount. Some also charge monthly, quarterly and annual fees.
It's often easier and more accurate to leave exact shipping-cost calculations -- both to you and your customer -- to the carrier you use.
- The major carriers will calculate shipping costs for you for free, and most major ecommerce vendors allow you to integrate those costs into your store's checkout section.
- On the other hand, you may want to consider offering free shipping, at least for orders over a certain amount.
- If your direct competitors provide free shipping, Peterson suggests that you consider it, too, if you can afford it.
- Try to select an ecommerce vendor that offers free self-service analytics, often driven by Google Analytics, and other reporting tools to help you track your store's performance over time.
- These can tell you how many people are visiting your store and how often, where they live and how they found you.
- They can also show you which websites drive the most traffic to your store and which products customers look at and purchase most and least often.
Your online store is a sales channel and acts like a sales person for your business.
There are costs which will not be covered in detail such as:
- Traditional marketing
- Business taxes
- Accountant and financial institution fees
- Rent and utilities
You costs will generally be based on the size of your inventory, what your business does and your overall requirements like features, design, multi-channels, social and mobile.Request for Quote
Led by Mr. Ram Khatake; LeoMetric Technology is an Indian company that was established in the year 2013. The company helps Startups, SMEs and Enterprises to achieve their business goals by defining their mobile-based business initiatives and helping them view moreGet Free Quotes
Hiveslab is an upcoming and dynamic digital agency that provides services such Website design and Development, Mobile Application Development, etc. The company works towards crafting beautiful and responsive websites so that your work can be streamlined and your online presence view moreGet Free Quotes
Latest BlogsView All Blog
How can we help you?
At SMEJOINUP.com our job is to understand your service requirements in detail with the budget,location preference of vendor and time convenience for you to connect with the shortlisted vendors.
You will not have to discuss the same thing with multiple vendors . Instead you only explain your requirements to the Relationship Manager @ SMEJOINUP and get connected at your convenient time to relevant vendors.
Please fill in as much details as possible to get the right matching vendor
Step 1: Fill in your requirements
Step 2: Our Relationship Manager understands the requirements in detail over a call
Step 3: We connect you to the most relevant vendor at your convenient time
Step 4: If you are not satisfied with the vendor , we connect you to more vendors